Global Content Investment Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Global Content Investment Limited may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from June 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To communicate with you directly as a client.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, if you have asked us to, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail, if you have given us permission to do so. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Where we store your data
- Within our website back-end
- In our CRM
How long we store your information depends on the purpose of collection.
We only retain information for as long as it is required for the purposes set out above or as may be required to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject. If it is reasonably necessary or required to resolve a dispute, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may keep hold of some of your information, even after it is no longer needed to provide products or services to you.
Your data may be accessible to our web development team during any work required on the website. We will have contracts in place to protect your data, and ensure the development team are GDPR compliant.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Encryption of data.
- Security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data.
- Scenario planning to ensure we are ready to respond to data security incidents.
- Penetration testing of systems.
- Security controls which protect our IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access.
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes after which the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies used on this website
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot therefore be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, don’t tick the checkbox that specifies email, telephone or direct marketing communication.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at 71 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4BE.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within 28 days. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us at the above addresses. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.